Flu Season Is Headed Our Way!
First IVCH Flu Clinic is September 16
Illinois Valley Community Hospital has set dates for five public flu immunization clinics at five locations in September and early October. IVCH nurses will be giving flu shots:
- · Tuesday, September 16, from 3 - 6 p.m. at the Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru.
- · Tuesday, September 23, from 9 - 11 a.m. at Liberty Village in Peru.
- · Tuesday, September 30, from 1 - 4 p.m. at IVCH in Peru. Enter through the ground level entrance on the east side of the building from the south parking lot.
- · Wednesday, October 8, from 2-5 p.m. in the IVCH room at Peru Mall (near the Sears store). In addition to the adult vaccine, pediatric doses will also be available from the LaSalle County Health Department at this clinic only.
- · Thursday, October 23, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Illinois Valley Community College.
Flu shots are also available at the IVCH FastCare walk-in clinic, which is open seven days a week at the Peru Walmart.
Pneumonia vaccine, which requires a doctor's order, will also be available at the flu clinics.
The fee to receive a flu shot is $30. Pneumonia shots are $85. Medicare assignment will be accepted with proof of Medicare Part B eligibility.
For more information, call Joan Fernandez at 815-780-4618.
- Illinois Valley Community Hosptial925 WEST STPhone: 815-223-3300
Peru, IL 61354-2757