Change for Life! We are looking for churches, Bible studies, or other groups who would like to participate in a Change for Life Baby Bottle Campaign.
It's fundraising made simple- All that you have to do is ask your group to take Baby bottles home and fill them with coins, cash, and checks can be collected to support the Abigail Women's Clinic in Mendota, your local Pregnancy Resource Center life-saving ministry. Participating is EASY! We'll provide you with all you need.
Here is a step-by-step campaign for churches or organizations (you can also adapt these instructions for other types of groups):
1. Call Abigail Women's Clinic at 815-538-3044 to let us know that you would like to have a Baby Bottle Campaign. Let us know how many baby bottles you need. A representative from the AWC will drop off the bottles at a time most convenient to you or you can pick them up!
2. Baby bottles are to be distributed on a Sunday, May 11 (Mother's Day) and collected on Sunday, June 15 (Father's Day) (or at the time most convenient for your church).
3. The method you use to distribute the bottles will be determined by your church. Be creative!
4. We believe the most effective way to distribute the bottles is for the pastor to describe the promotion from the pulpit, tell the members about the work of the AWC or invite one of staff to come to share about AWC. Have volunteers stationed at each exit from the worship center to distribute the bottles at the conclusion of the service or after your group meeting. However, some churches choose to distribute them through Bible study classes, and that also works well. It is very helpful to have at least one volunteer coordinate the promotion, distribution and collection of the baby bottles.
5. Determine a secure location for members to return the baby bottles.
6. Be careful lifting the filled baby bottles as they will be very heavy!
7. A representative from the AWC will collect the bottles at the time most convenient for your group or they can be delivered to AWC during office hours.
Promotion of a Change for Life Campaign
The following are some suggestions on how your church (or organization) might promote a Change for Life Baby Bottle Campaign...
- Pick up an informational packet. This packet includes instructions, promotional dvd, posters, and any other information you may need to launch your campaign.
- Set up an attractive display using the large baby bottle provided. Other items you might use are teddy bears, dolls, baby blankets, etc.
- Announce the Campaign at church services each week if possible!
If you are interested in a being apart of this fundraiser, please contact Abigail Women's Clinic at 815-538-3044. Looking forward to talking with you.
- Abigail Women's Clinic1610 Stroble AvePhone: 815-538-3044
Mendota, IL 61342-1626